Sunday, January 02, 2005

NEW YEAR EVE


I was suppose to meet Chee Chiu for dinner and movie on New Year's Eve. As I was early, I went to Body Shop to get Andrea a pressie as I would be meeting her and her friends today for mahjong. I got my inspiration from Fu Ming as I accompanied him to get a pressie from Body Shop recently. Haha....you could say I have no originality in present selection. Anyway, he gave his friend a set since he was sharing the pressie with some friends. So we did not get the same thing.=p I am the kind of person who enter a shop knowing what I want to buy, so I did the task in 10 mins.haha

Since NTU starts school on the coming Mon, I thought it would be best to give her the pressie later. The salesgal at Body Shop was really sweet. I like her voice.She is very patient to try out the perfumes with me. What I find disturbing is that they could only give a box for the perfume if the purhcase price is beyond S$30. I think this aspect is ridiculous as perfumes should come in boxes since they are fragile. I think they should improve their services in this aspect.

After that, I had dinner with Chee Chiu at Mos Burger before we watched Phantom of the Opera. I had my favourite ice milk tea....Both the ice milk tea and the movie are terrific. I give the latter a rating of 5 as musicals are really soothing to listen.

While I was in Orchard, YewGie messaged me. I had not met him for 1.5 years so to speak.In fact, we met only once during ExxonMobil's passing out ceremony. I happened to sit beside this guy called Simon who was his supervisor. And we exchanged contacts thereafter. He said he was near the entrance of Shaw last night. Hmm...I was watching a movie at Shaw...Well, I tried to look for him outside the entrance because I was curious to see where he was, but to no avail. I called him subsequently to find that he was on police duty and that I wouldn't be able to see him. Well, so much for the " coinicidence" of being in the same place simultaneously. What a disappointment. I didn't know of any obscure places at the vicinity of Lido entrance....Hmm...My conclusion was that he was having on me....He called me again later when Chee Chiu and I settled down at IndoChine. He hung up before I could find out the purpose of the call.

On our way to IndoChine, some Indians sprayed foam on me intently. I find them so irritating. I don't even know them and I appall at seeing groups of 3-5 Indians on the streets of Orchard last night....haha...I had San Miguel at IndoChine.Not bad. I guess I am getting used to the bitter tasting beer.

Lastly, I realized that 174M and NR5 serve the route from Orchard to my house from 12 to 4am. I kept forgetting to check over the past month....Age is advancing on me though I am still young at heart..haha....I can stay out late without worries now...=p

No comments: