Sunday, November 23, 2003

Yesterday Vimal and I went to Darmstadt....I met up with Sinyee, Wuyi and Markus. We visited the Hessisches Musuem, Prince George's Garten, Universitaet and the Luisenplatz. At the Hessiches Mueseum , we were lucky to see Picasso's exhibition which is a special event there.I enjoyed looking at his paintings as I found them abstract. In most of his paintings, the body is always bigger than the head and the people in the paintings are usually naked..Is it because the people of that time do not have clothes?? There was also a step by step video on how his paintings were made. He made his paintings with just a combination of different strokes and shadings...and from the strokes, you could not tell what hewas thinking....

At the Luisenplatz, I tried on a few pair of roller blades...I could tell the difference between different qualities of the shoes as Markus helped me to ask the salesman.However, I didnt buy in the end....as I think 75E is a bit steep...

It was a worthwhile trip although I have been to Darmstadt last summer and sort of visited the places before.The feeling from the places that I revisited this time is entirely different from what I get last year....

Tonight, we had NAsi Lemak for dinner. Fenchao and the dancers except Akkiko gathered. And each of us prepared something...I pan fried egg...I think it was a success...Puji made a typical Indonesian dessert which resembles the Chinese Tang Yuan.I helped her in preapring it.There is also fried chicken wings and pappadam by Vimal and Fenchao, potato salad by Isa, NAsi Lemak rice by Chun Hui, egg salad by Scarlet, and teri kacang and wedang jahe by Puji.Yummie...So delicious...I think i can be a food gourmet soon cos I learnt a few more recipes today...=p

We played a lot of games including Hunter and Bear, continue a story, etc....Nice night...I hope that we will have more of such sessions in the coming weeks...

No comments: