I set off for Prague with 2 Hongkongers and Vimal on Friday.We took a nigt bus there...We reached there around 5am.As it was too early, all shops are closed and we have no KEK with us...So we have to wait till 7am before we can have our breakfast.It was cold out there...We went along with 2 other Indians that we met there in search for hostels...In this way, we are kept occupied and thus we dont feel as cold.1E is equivalent to 30KEK.
I guess all photos looks e same...I feel so too...Perhaps it's due to the European architecture. BUt i think it's more beautiful at night due to the lighting....The Charles bridge is breath taking....And night lighting differentiates countires in Europe.Too bad my camera is not powerful at night.I am waiting for a fren to help me get a camera stand when he goes back to US for Christmas.
What I did in Prague:
We had a warm breakfast that consisted tea and egg with ham pancake...Then we set off to visit the city area.I find the architecture similar to Basel. It reminds me of last year, when I was with Jeemin,a gal who shared e attic with me at our host family place...heehee...
The city has an antique touch.There is actually a part that is called e Old Town Sq.We went to the astronomical clock in the Old Town Square and e only university there.This is also where I got my MOL.=p
We also went to the birth place of Franz Kafka and the Jewish quarters.Unfortunately,we didnt enter as it is not open on Sat. By the time we are done with the city tour, it is time for lunch.We had ours at a restaurant. I had chicken rice with vegetables that costed 89KEK.The aroma is good and plus it is cheap...We definitely cant get it for this price in Munich.
We went in search for hostel to stay for the night.On the way, we went to the Narodni museum...the national museum there....We didnt enter as a fren said that it was given a lousy rating on internet....I wanted to go for a river cruise along Charles river too but they say it was too ex and too cold...so we didnt....
We took quite long to search for a hostel,but in the end, we got a good deal at the Apple hostel.With breakfast, it costed only 297KEK....whoa...I dont have a ISIC card but i managed to fool my way through with a TUM library card....heehee
Later, we went to the Dance palace*forgot e name*...the building is titled and it seems to be dancing...As it was dark, i didnt bother to take a photo cos it wont turn out well with my camera...=p
Next day, we went to the famous Prague Castle.The St Vitus's Cathedral was magnificant....I also enjoyed the weapons in the BAsilica of St George.The 3 other buildings did not really impress me.We spent the whole morning touring the 5 sections of the castle. Later, we went to the Loreta Palace to admire the jewellery of the ancient times.
Later, we took a stoll along the Charles bridge...The night view is really breathtaking...We had dinner at Macdonalds...and we went to watch Don Giovanni, a famous puppet show that conveys message using Mozart's music in Italien....It was nice though I dun really understand it...My first experience watching puppet show...hehe
Follwing, we caught a bus back to Munich....Spent ard 110E including transport for this trip...
There are quite a few places in the outskirts of Prague which we didnt go due to our budget and time constraints....
No comments:
Post a Comment