Wednesday, November 30, 2005

D..Di..Dis..Disa..read on lah!

Today, I was soooo...DISAPPOINTED (did you guess it correctly?)

I was assigned to do some investigation on lead corrosion. My immediate response was to direct the techincal uncertainties to the experts around. With additional enthusiasm, I delved into the topic further by researching on the Internet. When I was totally satisfied with my findings, with good intentions, I summarized the results and emailed to the people involved. However, my efforts and initiative spent on researching reasons leading to the corrosion of lead, a highly stable metal, went into the drain in just half an hour. I was refuted by a senior whose words held much more weight than mine. It made me seem ignorant in front of everyone.

I encountered his explanation during my first level of google access online, however, I thought it was too shallow and went on to look for more befitting reasons. Well, I guess hardwork does not pay off in this case.....Sigh...So which version is correct??

No comments: