just woke up from a comfortable sleep...hehe..
was in Paris from 27Dec to 30th Dec with Chengwei and Etienne(Chengwei's friend and our all time tour guide...*smile*).We stayed with him in Paris. He stayed in Villejuif. It was a nice place....I took a video clip of it=p
I arrived in Charles De Gaulle at around 9am France time at terminal 1. As I thought that Chengwei's flight would arrive at 2pm same terminal, I went to take a nap till approx 130pm before i made my way back to the arrival hall...As i thought that I dun have Chengwei's flight number with me, I just targeted a few flights that came from Scandinavia arriiving at around 2pm.Unfortunately, he still wasn't here by 245pm...I feel that something was amiss.I went to the counter to ask for information on Finnair flights and was told that it could only be found in terminal 2........Ooopsss..I quickly took a bus to terminal 2 to look for Chengwei as I am pretty late....and i messaged Alex to help me search for the flight details of my friend as i thought i left it in london. However, I realised that it was with me all along...haha
At terminal 2, i looked for Chengwei's flight number.Luckily, there was a delay with his luggage...haha...managed to find him....Etienne drove us to his house in the outskirt of Paris....It was a nice little appartment that is self sufficient....We put down our luggage and headed to the city centre.
Our first stop is the Tour Effiel. It was really beautiful at night....and later we decided to take a boat cruise along the river...Unfortunately, it started to rain right after we got the tickets...GOSsssh.....We were drenched after the hour's ride..By this time, we were wet, cold and famished.....We went under the rain in search of goodies.Eventually, we dined in a crepe restaurant in Montparnesse.The crepes tasted really good.We also had French wine.
And then we headed back as it was really late.
On the second day, we headed to Versailles.The queue was super long......So we did it the Italien way....haha....that is to cut queue....I was impressed by the wall of mirrors. It was a worthwhile visit. We went to Arc De Triomphe therafter beofre making our way to Champs Elysees. Too bad that the former is under construction, so we were unable to c the lighting....I was told that Champs Elysees is the most beautiful shopping street in the world.We took a stroll along the famous street and settle our dinner at QUICK, a french and belgium fast food franchise......the food was good...=p
We went to Museum Le Lourve and the Opera house to take some night shots...The scenery was terrific..Then we went back.
After a good rest, as Etienne had to go home and check his contacts lens, Chengwei and I went to visit the Notre Dame and the Museum De Lourve....There were as usual long queues....This is one thing that I cant stand about Paris.....
At the Museum, I secretly tried to take a photo of Mona Lisa but was discovered by the security guard.So my photo was taken with his hand in it....Luckily, it didnt block the face..haha...The painting was done in such a way that u feel that Mona Lisa is looking at you when u stare at her...Quite artistically done by Leonardo Da Vinci.The museum is so big....really befitting the title that it is the largest in the world.We didnt have enough time to tour the whole of it as it was closed by 630pm.
After that, we strolled aimlessly on the street, out in the cold wind of -1 degrees for abt 2hrs before we settle down for a bite....The things is Paris are expensive...Just imagine that I got 2 apples for 1.50E....So chor...During dinner, Chengwei and I exchanged our SEP experiences.....It was really nice..
On the third day, we climbed Tour Effiel. As usual, the queue is long....The view on top is magnificient....Singapore is approximately 10000km from the tower...Whoa....It was worth the effort...and we had KFC for lunch as Chengwei is "desperate" to eat it..=p
We had to specially look for it as the number of KFCs in Paris/France is pathetic....after the meal, we went back to Etienne's place to pick out our luggage and head to the airport....There was a traffic jam this time....I used to think that jams only occurred in spore......
Shall end here...need to prepare to go to Kaiying's house....=p
So excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment