Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A penny for your thoughts

Possessing the qualities of a procrastinator, I tend to shelf matters more often than not even though I could have finished the work done easily. In addition, my poor memory does not make things better, it merely worsen the situation. A load of excuses right? Well, to redeem myself, there is a super motivated facade of me too for attending to important matters, just that you have to be one of the priviledge few to see it. I derive my satisfaction in life from completing these tasks.

Despite being an indulged procrastinator, it is only limited to personal issues, my responsible personality sets in when I am a team player because I do not want to be be plagued with guilt for impeding the group's progress; everyone should contribute as a team so that joy can be derived from exceuting the project. I feel perturb by team players who are resistant to changes, especially when the fault lies with them and yet they feint ingnorance. Usually, the leader steps in to rectify the error. However, if the leader is one of the resistant players, what should be done by the team member to wake them up from their dreams?

Whenever I was exposed to situations where I was caught between 2 parties in the past, I chose to sit on the fence because I hated standing. Probably God disliked the idea of me sitting comfortably on the fence-become-crouch, so he aroused me and subjected me to scenarios whereby all my decisions result in displeasure from a party involved. It might also be a result of God wanting me to grow up. Getting up from the fence is not exactly pleasant as I am so used to it. Just my luck that I have to try and error in order to come up with a receipe which best fits the new environment. Chances have to be taken and mistakes should be learned. Moreover,all these can enrich my life. After much deliberation, I took a stand for the current issue as my first step to resolve the problem. However, I forsee inecessant similar occurrences. What should be done to minimize bad blood arising from potential fury? How do I maintain a cordial relationship while sticking to my initial decision?

No doubt on-the-job obstacles are escalating, my enthusiasm level is comparable to that on my first day of work, abeit occasional lethargy. I hope to learn all the skills to leap over as many hurdles during my current vocation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are having a vacation?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I am very dizzy right now. Mis-read vocation as vacation. :O

The Gal said...

why are u dizzy? Are u ok? So how's work for you?

Anonymous said...

It's tiring.. I had a bad day. I am not getting along too well with the rest of the new hires. Not on the same frequency. =(

How I miss my friends in Singapore now.

The Gal said...

I am sure that you will tune to their frequency in no time! =)