Although getting to know someone is part and parcel of life, in this fast paced society where time is seriously lacking, everyone is guilty of neglecting the people around us, not to mention taking every opportunity to forge new friendship bonds with the potential friends around one. To be frank, I am ashamed of being part of this syndrome. Only recently, when I got to know a total stranger better despite my hectic schedules spawned me to reminisce about my primary school days when eager faces came together to add on to each others limited collection, to have fun, to kill loneliness.
We met coincidentally at a consultancy firm, of all places, for a couple of times. What a wierd location! If not for this, I reckoned that our paths will not cross. You could say that fate was protesting that we should meet. It never come across my mind that our friendship would blossom.
I wasn't really comfortable initially cos of our differences in race as well as the setting in which we met. I felt dumb cos the candidates shortlisted by the consultancy were full of substance, unlike me. You could say that I don't think much of myself. I felt that I was misplaced...haha...Gradually, our understanding of each other grew and we just got used to each other's company. The feeling peaked yesterday so I have decided to reciprocate the farewell gift. However, I am still clueless as to what my new found friend likes...=) Please reply when u read my blog because my SMS apparently was not compelling enough to get a reply from u! I will try harder after entering Celesteland to recharge.
1 comment:
I am speechless. Finally I get to know what you think about me. I have already messaged you about the gift. And I have a reply to your post at my blog.
Post a Comment